Tuesday, November 18, 2014

bright lights big city



I am very conscious that the quality of my posts is decreasing rapidly with every passing day! Real life is taking over, as well it should. I am surrounded, currently, by odd shoes, discarded hangers, crumpled clothes and clinging desperately to a hastily written list seeking some semblance of order.

It is time to start travelling again. I have organised reams of train tickets, and my diary shows many nights of hotel rooms between now and Christmas, and many more long days on trains up and down the country. My packing system was pretty well honed but this week I have a formal occasion to attend too and that complicated things immensely! I'm looking at what still has to go in and thinking I may well need to swap to a bigger case.

It will be fun to see a few different places over the next month, and as much as I miss home and get pre-trip blues, I'm also realising how exciting it is to have a job that allows me to travel to cities I haven't visited in years, and spend evenings with family who live miles away from home. 

I shall try to keep up the posting until the end of NaBloPoMo but I apologise in advance if I continue down the route of single sentences and random pictures!

2 comments:

  1. Single sentences and random photographs are all good! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i have a new camera coming soon so hopefully the random photographs will be of better quality! x

      Delete