Friday, March 20, 2015

word of the week #12



There seems to have been an abundance of food this week. Baking on Saturday, ready for a family gathering at our house on Sunday for Mother's Day. The left-overs became a picnic for the train that night, as I headed to London for a few days of meetings. Buffet lunches, tea and biscuits and room service dinner. Since getting home I have met up with friends for a meal out after work, then again last night with The Husband before we attended a comedy gig. 

Looking back on the week it feels gluttonous, and excessive. All of the meals enjoyable, and celebratory (except perhaps the room service!) but too much all in one week. I am craving simple dishes, home-cooked food, and as spring officially starts, a desire for lighter, fresher fare.

14 comments:

  1. It sounds lovely, though I know what you mean, as it can feel too much and the brighter days do seem to call for lighter food. Until then, pass the cakes..! Thanks for sharing with #WotW x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was all lovely, just got to the end of the week and felt full just thinking about it! thanks for visiting, and for running #WotW x

      Delete
  2. Ohh everything sounds lovely but I know what you mean....Too much nice food does get a bit too much x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was a lovely week! thanks for visiting x

      Delete
  3. I love your little drawing Katie, it's like a greetings card! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Penny - I'm enjoying the doodles, even if they are somewhat amateur! x

      Delete
  4. I understand the craving for simplicity, even after one takeaway or a round of baking I feel ugh and need cleaner living food the next day. But then a feast treat is nice now and again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes everything in moderation I think in the end! thanks for visiting x

      Delete
  5. lighter fare, perhaps followed by a little bit of cake?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did get up the next day and bake! you know me too well Tess! x

      Delete
  6. Yeah when theres too much its nice to have a bit of detox from it. So that you are ready for the next feast =) #wotw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. absolutely! i think partly its because i enjoy cooking too - I miss not pottering around my own kitchen! thanks for visiting x

      Delete
  7. Sounds like it was a delicious weekend! Though I understand wanting to return to normal, lighter eating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was Joanne, some veggies were much missed! thanks for visiting x

      Delete