Wednesday, April 01, 2015

first things first


The first of April.

The first full month of spring but alas so far April showers appear to be dominating. So a picture instead from February walks with Millie which feels much more appropriate.

The first day of post haircut regret. I got a very short haircut last weekend and it had been so far so good. As is always the way trying to do it myself wasn't quite as successful but it was passable. Then today came the inevitable oversleep and trying to make short bed head look vaguely professional when tying it up wasn't an option was an utter failure. No more lie ins for me!

The first time, probably ever, I have got to a pace of less than 9 minutes 30 per kilometre. I am at the alternating running and walking stage so whilst I know this isn't any great speed it is definite progress for me, and during the running segments I was getting to under 7 minutes. It was cold, wet, dark and entirely unappealing but thanks to The Husband agreeing to bring Millie for a walk and be a cheerleader following behind me I made it out and was pleased that I did.

The first day (yesterday) that I forgot about project 365. Luckily I had taken some pictures at a conference so I have tried to turn one of those into something vaguely interesting! I don't know that I have succeeded but I was glad I hadn't spoiled the run as I've been really enjoying taking part.

And now for the first early night of the month, with the hope of getting back into a better routine of early mornings. Oversleeping today highlighted how much I missed being in the rhythm of getting up early. I felt so much better  when I got back from Australia and was naturally getting up bright and happy in the morning but it has gradually slipped away over recent weeks especially after a few late nights, a bout of illness, and compounded now by the clocks going forward. So here's to the first night of a new body clock, though I might not be so easily persuaded in the morning!

6 comments:

  1. lots of lovely firsts, except for the hair cut angst. (which is one of the reasons I never get my haircut............)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's improving now I have it a bit more sussed! I'm going through a phase of changing it every time at the moment - I think after I realised nothing awful happened the first time! x

      Delete
  2. Sounds like your running is going really well! Good for you! Haircut regret-I have been there many times.... X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's definitely improving - first official mile today too! luckily the regret was only temporary, I'm quite happy with it when I don't oversleep - but yes it seems to be an essential part of the haircut process for me! xx

      Delete
  3. Katie, I am using your post as a word of caution; I have been thinking about getting a short haircut as well, but hearing about your struggles has given me pause. : ) You reminded me about mornings that I have experienced when my hair won't cooperate, no matter what I do. Then there is the growing out stage that inevitably occurs and is so excruciating, LOL! I'm glad that you are basically happy with it, I bet it is very cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm getting on with it much more now! but it definitely isn't much quicker than long hair, especially if it is misbehaving. somehow i'm getting tempted to get it even shorter though so we shall see :)

      Delete