Friday, April 24, 2015

word of the week #17


After a lovely weekend of afternoon tea on Saturday, and meeting up with a friend on Sunday, it has been a bit of a mundane week. There has been plenty of work and long days. I flicked back through my photos for some inspiration, and they were pretty uninspired too (it is not going to be an exciting 365 post on Sunday I warn you now - the heady days of koalas and dolphins are long gone!).

What I did notice was the light. Photos of the warm afternoon walk by the lake with Millie and The Husband on Saturday, the new rosebud on the kitchen windowsill in the afternoon sun on Sunday, blue skies in the garden and rainbow coloured shadows in the hall  on Monday. 

It has been a lovely week of sunshine, glorious skies every day, no trudging from work in the rain or battling with a brolly blowing inside out. There has been a resultant coat dilemma, where my long woolly winter one seems a little excessive all of a sudden but the thought of not wearing one at all seems cavalier (I obviously have a very mild definition of cavalier). We have sat in the conservatory  reading, played fetch with Millie in the garden - although she is still a little unclear on the bringing the ball back part of that game so it tends more towards chase, and even been to a garden centre making plans for a vegetable patch.

Typically, it just started spitting as I have been writing this, as The Husband drives us to meet up with some friends for the weekend. However, it has stopped as quickly as it began and there are clear skies up ahead. Hope you all have a lovely weekend, and thank you for all of your comments on my recent posts, I hope to catch up with my replies very soon!

16 comments:

  1. It has been glorious hasn't it....It's looking like rain here too. Ugh! It was nice while it lasted x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It stuck around for most of the weekend in the end - hurrah! Thanks for visiting Kim x

      Delete
  2. Sunshine really does make life a happier place doesn't it! Fingers crossed for the weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope yours stayed sunny! Thanks for visiting :)

      Delete
  3. You're so right; the sunshine has really been strong for this time of year and we've had some glorious sunsets recently. Sunshine really does make things feel better xx
    Have a lovely week.
    Popping over from #WoTW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you've been enjoying the sunshine too and hope you have lovely week as well. Thanks so much for visiting and commenting :)

      Delete
  4. hope you have a lovely weekend, and there is some of the nice weather we've had lately. it's torrential rain here. and the boy is at scout camp..............

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Tess I hope he didn't come home too sodden! And I hope the skies cleared for you at some point over the weekend! Xx

      Delete
  5. Oh, I do love a bit of sunshine. Always puts me in a good mood :) Thanks for sharing with #WotW x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its so awesome this weather! I so love walking with my son on the prom on our school run. It was a bad few months for us weather wise and we are so glad to finally have some sunshiny days!

    Lovely word! #wotw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds a lovely way to do the school run! Glad the weather is improving for you and thank you for visiting :)

      Delete
  7. Really enjoying your little drawings Katie! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Penny! They are a nice way to spend a few minutes on a Friday, I always feel like I'm back in primary school when I lift out my coloured pencils, and my little notebook is turning into quite the collection now. xx

      Delete
  8. The coat dilema is one that I constantly suffer from, and usually get wrong. It is sunny and I am loathe to get my winter coat back out but the wind is freezing here today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh no - hope you weren't too cold! it's tricky when the weather can't make up its mind - I've taken to carrying my coat everywhere, which is less than ideal! Thanks so much for visiting Kelly.

      Delete