Sunday, June 14, 2015

project 365: week 24

After last week's inadvertent floral theme, I decided to take inspiration from Sunday's photo and do another themed week. They aren't the most exciting photos, and as you will have come to expect from me, I didn't quite manage to see it through for the whole week, but they are generally a pretty good summary of what I've been up to. I do apologise for neglecting this blog at the moment, and not replying to comments particularly quickly either. I have so many posts I want to write, more of our room escape adventures, some recipes, and a post that's already half written about running. I moved over to using photobucket for my photos rather than uploading them directly through blogger and I can't quite remember the positive reasons for doing it, but the negative is that it's a bit more fiddly to do posts with pictures so I can't post from my phone. That and the general busyness of the last week or so has kept me from posting very much for longer than I would like. Hopefully I'll be back a bit more regularly soon, in the meantime, thank you for visiting, and for your comments, now for the pictures.


Millie Race


158. The picture that started the trend. Race for Life complete, with a brilliantly behaved beagle who got strokes and smiles all the way around the course. After a few more runs during the week I've taken a break from it for a few days, but look forward to beginning the 10k preparation in earnest from next weekend.


feet rose


159. Ready for bed and admiring the beautiful pink roses on the dressing table that had opened into full bloom.


dinner thumbs up


160. Tried to take this while making dinner, and The Husband decided to sabotage the shot. Unfortunately I didn't get to take another one, so apologies for the somewhat unappealing image here, though it does make me smile each time I see it.


5 year diary


161. I always seem to get to the middle of the week and forget, you would think so far in I'd have managed to get used to it by now! And I definitely wasn't committed enough to my theme to get back out of bed, so my diary it is. I should do a tally at the end of the year to see how many of the shots were last minute snaps of my bedside table.


Millie sink


162. Slippers on, washing the dishes, enjoying the view of our garden, and caught Millie winding her way past on the hunt for fallen crumbs.




163. Bare feet and a little bit of bliss. A sneaky snap after my massage, feeling ready for the weekend. It took me three attempts to get my jumper on the right way round I was that relaxed.




164. A wonderful night out for dinner, followed by the theatre, and one of the best productions I have seen in a long time. Arriving home and enjoying the last of the light with a wander in the garden before bed.



10 comments:

  1. Looks like a very busy week! Hope you can get your photos and posting thing sorted out to work properly! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Amy, it's still not working great, so I'm wondering if I need to change approach! I feel lacking in know-how, and I always used to be quite technologically minded!

      Delete
  2. Great shots, lots of feet and a giant hand!! What a busy week. What was the show you saw? Hope this week is a good one xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Jane! yes sorry if the giant hand loomed a little too large. It was The Hudsucker Proxy, which is apparently a film but I haven't ever watched it. It was brilliantly staged, some great physical theatre, and a really good night out. my parents are going watching it next week, on our recommendation, so I hope they enjoy it as much x

      Delete
  3. Fab photos! What a great idea having a theme x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Kim, I've gone for another theme this week, I've quite enjoyed that approach! x

      Delete
  4. Nice themed photo's Katie! Well done on the 5k! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Penny! I enjoyed the theme. Hope you are well? x

      Delete
  5. busy week! still loving that turquoise pen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I realised I now have three but those two are my favourites! Have a great post-exams weekend Tess x

      Delete