Sunday, June 28, 2015

project 365: week 26



172. Saved these buttons from a cardigan. I loved it when I bought it, but the fabric bobbled terribly, and covered everything I wore it with in brightly coloured fluff. It was such a shame to get rid of it, but the buttons were too beautiful to lose.





173. Making progress with the jigsaw, under Millie's watchful eye. Only one piece had to be rescued, slightly chewed, from the kitchen floor.




174. Oh our garden is bringing me such happiness this year, these incredibly scented roses are blooming and there are plenty more buds yet to come.




175. The hanging baskets withered a little in the warm weather but they resurrected with a long drink, and are happily brightening up the front of the house.




176. The train home, after a long but successful day. Unfortunately travelling backwards, a burgeoning headache and a crowded train was not particularly enjoyable, so I distracted myself by focussing on taking some pictures and doing my #3goodthings post, which I have started doing each evening over on instagram.




177. Got caught in a downpour on the way to the station after work. Luckily I had taken my coat and packed my brolly, but my shoes took a bit of a soaking. The train journey is only twenty minutes but it was beautiful blue skies when I landed home.




178. The peony suddenly burst into life, it seems to flower all too briefly, and I am hoping this isn't the last for the year just yet.


10 comments:

  1. Beautiful flowers, and such pretty buttons! I'm glad I'm not the only one who saves buttons from old clothes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Kim. I bought the cardigan in two colours originally, and have binned both because of the same problem, but kept both sets of buttons. My mum has kindly already transferred one set onto an old favourite, in retrospect I think it might have been the buttons I liked more than the cardigan!

      Delete
  2. I really need to get a peony.......... I am envious of each and every photo I see x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are so shortlived! but they remind me of my wedding flowers and they are very pretty!

      Delete
  3. the peony looks lovely, hope your headache cleared up quickly, i hate travelling backwards on trains, makes me feel sick also

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for visiting, and your kind comments

      Delete
  4. Glad you kept the beautiful buttons! They will be gorgeous on something else! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Amy, they are so pretty! xx

      Delete
  5. The buttons are fab, and sure to come in handy for something. I do love a well stocked button box! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A button box is something I do not own, but I feel like it is something I should have!! Sounds like my kind of organised fun! x

      Delete