Thursday, October 01, 2015

first things first



The first of October.

The first day back in work after our wonderful holiday to New York, for me anyway, The Husband went back yesterday and I didn't envy him at all.

The first day in a week that The Husband doesn't have some kind of birthday celebration. After New York we got home Tuesday morning, and there was a final gift waiting for him that I had managed to keep secret. Then last night we had a family gathering, complete with a cake and candles - I couldn't let his 30th birthday pass without cake! As I was off work I managed to decorate the house with some balloons and banners, and so we ended the celebrations in style.

The first day where it feels like Millie is completely back to normal (fingers and paws crossed). My parents looked after her devotedly while we were away, with fresh chicken and rice for every meal, and regular photo updates. I took her back to the vets yesterday for a check up, as she still wasn't completely back to normal, and he added in a few more tablets, sachets, and jabs, and today we seem to have our giddy, bouncing beagle back. I've never been quite so happy to have that little nose nudging me the whole time I'm trying to eat my dinner.

The first week I didn't join in with project 365. As you might imagine, I definitely took more than a photo a day during our trip, but the lack of internet at the airport scuppered my plan to post it last minute. I'll hopefully post a double whammy this week! I also have two bake-off attempts to post too, and the ingredients ready to try the mokatines, and the chocolate soufflĂ©! 

Also the first month I didn't do a year in books post. I didn't read any new books in September! I did however get a book at the airport that I've been desperate to read, The Kind Worth Killing by Peter Swanson, so hopefully I will have a new post to write soon! It is the first book I have bought on the basis of a poster alone so I'm hoping it turns out to be a decent read. My stepdad also got The Girl on the Train recently so I'm hoping to to borrow that soon too.

The first sense today of the coming seasons. I noticed one of the shops on my walk home from the train station had already filled the window with halloween props. Someone at work also brought in mince pies today, which felt very early, but also very tempting! Despite it feeling slightly premature, it has made me start to feel a little excited at the start of the countdown to winter and all of the celebrations ahead. Happy October to you all.


6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you loved your holiday and you have certainly spoiled your husband, I'm sure he deserves it amd appreciates it all. Glad to hear Millie is on the mend x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Penny, it was a brilliant trip, and it was lovely to show him how special he is! xx

      Delete
  2. So glad that you had such a great holiday and that your husband had such a good birthday and glad too that Millie is getting so much better! That s all fantastic isn't it!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was a really lovely trip and good to come home to Millie on the mend. thanks Amy xx

      Delete
  3. happy October, sounds like you had a wonderful time, and so glad Millie is feeling better x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Tess, hope October is treating you well, and you have had some lovely days doing those fun things from your calendar! x

      Delete