Sunday, January 31, 2016

Project 52: Week 4



I am a highly suggestible person, an advertiser's dream, I often find myself browsing an online shop, having seen it in a magazine, or as last night when my friend told me she had a chinese takeaway for tea, despite having just finished a curry, I suddenly had an urge for a spring roll! And so it was that, having watched Great British Bake Off this week for Sport Relief, I decided I would make Paris-Brest for after Sunday dinner this week. 

I had never made choux pastry before, and I enjoyed making it, but it didn't rise quite like I hoped. I'm not sure what I did wrong, it was very light and tasty but quite flat, which made slicing it in half a bit tricky. They went down very well with the family today though, and I'm desperately trying to work out where else I can use the hazelnut praline which I have left, so that I don't just keep returning to the tub for another spoonful.

It's a bit of a blurry picture, but they didn't last long enough for me to have another go. I seem to be alternating between Millie and food at the moment, so I wonder what next week will bring!


TheBoyandMe's 366 Linky


OneDad3Girls

18 comments:

  1. Oo this looks very yummy

    Thank you for linking up

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that looks amazing!!! Not surprised they didn't last long :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Em, and thanks for visiting! It was a good recipe! x

      Delete
  3. Aha, I should have guessed that you would be back baking again!! I am highly suggestible too, and wishing for one of the winners aprons... Wonder if I will get one. I only have three or four aprons already... Glad they tasted delicious! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Amy, yes I saw the aprons in the shops and was very tempted but did resist! x

      Delete
  4. Yummy, that looks absolutely amazing :?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Emma, and thanks for visiting! x

      Delete
  5. Katie, I am a fellow highly suggestible person, except that my weakness is online courses. I see a course that sounds interesting and before you know it I've paid the fee and am wondering when I'll find the time to work on the course! I really need to learn how to reign in my impulses! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do that with free courses at the moment, but haven't quite got to the point of paying out for ones yet. It's good as it means you try lots of new things, but it can sometimes make life a little busier than is ideal! x

      Delete
  6. I too am a very suggestible person - it's worse with all these wonderful blogs. The minute a blogger recommends a book or product I'm off to Amazon to take a look. These pastries look delicious - I've never made choux pastry before either - but now I want to :) Oh, and if you need somewhere to send the hazelnut praline - look no further ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The praline is very much long-gone, but now I've re-visited this post I'm ready for some more! Thanks for visiting Kim x

      Delete
  7. oh wow that's briliant. good on you for making it. i think i have made choux many moons ago; i must try it again. yours was delish i bet.!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Sherry, and thanks for visiting! x

      Delete
  8. I am a bit suggestible too, and always a sucker for pretty packaging. Well done on the choux pastry. I have never made choux, I saw this challenge on the Sports Relief Bake Off, and thought it looked very tricky! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Penny, stationery and pretty packaging is another temptation, definitely! x

      Delete