Wednesday, February 01, 2017

first things first



The first of February.

A month that will bring with it some lovely firsts. My thirty-first birthday. I guess that means I will officially be in my thirties now, rather than just on the cusp of a new decade! It will be my first birthday as a mum, so I'm expecting things to be somewhat more low-key than last year's incredible adventures, but no less special. 

It will also mark the first 6 months of our little boy's life, and my goodness hasn't time flown. This will probably be the month where he has his first taste of food, and, maybe the month where he moves into his nursery. I'd love it to be the month where he sleeps a little longer overnight too, but that might be wishful thinking!

The flower above is the first to appear, this morning, on the potted plant my friend bought me a week or so ago. As I mentioned on instagram, it is clearly not the hyacinth I thought it was! It is still very much appreciated though, and cheered me up when I finally made it downstairs after a long night.

The first run tonight of a new challenge. I didn't manage the 62 I had initially aimed for in January, due to being out of action for nearly two weeks due to the bug the baby and I had. However, I switched to the 31 mile challenge and managed to complete it so I pleased I didn't do my usual trick and write it off the minute I fell behind. This month has two challenges, a 28 miles over the month, and a Valentine's 5k with someone you love, which will definitely include Millie and possibly The Husband and the baby too!

We have had an email from the church where we were married saying that they are having a special service to celebrate marriages, and inviting all those who had their ceremony there to attend. It is the weekend after my birthday, and would be the first time we have visited as a family, so I think we shall put that in the diary, and maybe even continue on to our wedding venue for a bite to eat,

It seems there is lots to look forward to in February, and I hope it is the same for you.

8 comments:

  1. What a lovely month you have ahead of you! I hope you have a wonderful birthday! <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynsey, it has gone so quickly!! xx

      Delete
  2. Hope you have a wonderful birthday when it comes and a lovely celebration at the church too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy, it has been wonderful, though it has flown by too! x

      Delete
  3. sounds like a wonderful month is in store x

    ReplyDelete