Wednesday, March 01, 2017

wonderful wednesday #7

Just a quick one, as I have spent rather longer than intended on this month's first things first post, and I'll regret it if I don't get to sleep very soon!! There has been so much wonderful happening in February that I haven't actually done one of these posts for a few weeks. For a longer round up of some of the big things that have been going on, see here, but for today, some small bits of wonderful....

Afternoon Tea: We bought my Grandad an afternoon tea and chocolate making demonstration at a lovely bakery nearby. I happily accompanied him today, and it was a wonderful few hours. The talk and demonstration was really interesting, and the afternoon tea was delicious. T had a wonderful time with his grandparents too, and so a happy afternoon was had by all, except perhaps for The Husband, who was at work.

New Bedding: After the middle of the night bedding changes last week, I splashed out on a spare, spare, set of bedding, as it seems at the moment that two sets is simply not enough! It has been so lovely to clamber into not just freshly washed sheets, but fresh out of the packet sheets.

5 miles: Having not kept on track with my 28 miles in 28 days, I suddenly had 8 miles to run in 2 days before February finished. The upshot was that on Tuesday evening I headed out in torrential rain to do five wet, cold miles, and managed to keep a reasonable pace, and actually smiled most of the way round. I quite enjoyed running in the rain, and it was one of those runs where the music seemed to be exactly right, with each track spurring me on to keep going for just one more song, to the point that I did a lot less walking and a lot more running than I first anticipated.

Surprise visits: I was messaging my close friend in the midst of a tough week, and when she didn't reply to a message I was wondering if I'd overdone the offloading, only for her to appear at the door in the middle of a busy day just to say hi, give me a hug, and chat in person for ten minutes. It was such a lovely surprise, not even long enough for a cuppa, but made me feel very lucky to have such an amazing friend, and much better about my week.

Pancakes: Of course. Specifically, my grandad's pancakes, which we enjoyed yesterday afternoon, are, in my opinion, unbeatable, and I'm convinced fuelled me to do that run. Followed closely by The Husband's savoury pancake, which was waiting for me when I got back from the run. Along with a few more sweet ones for dessert for good measure!


If you would like to visit some of the others (highly recommended) then Sally is the originator of the idea, you can search for #wonderfulwednesday and these lovely folks all post too: JoHelenMichelleSarahKateCatSamEl , KerriMimmiMartinaIsabelle. 

8 comments:

  1. There is something great about running in the rain, when no one else is daft enough to be out and about. And hurrah for the right soundtrack-I so very rarely get it just right. More often than not my legs are struggling to keep up with some super fast ill chosen song!
    Hurrah for new sheets too. I hope you savoured every second of that!
    Have a fab rest of the week.
    M x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle, I definitely prefer running with music, even though I am completely at the mercy of the soundtrack rather than having any actual regular rhythm of my own! Hope you are well x

      Delete
  2. You really can't beat fresh, new bed sheets! Just in time for spring too!
    Well done you for smashing the 5 miles as well. I can barely do 5 minutes :P xx

    Lynsey || One More Slice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 5 miles feels like a good while ago now but hopefully I'll get there again! x

      Delete
  3. terribly impressed by your running. I mostly just ate pancakes all week....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think both are valuable ways to spend your time! xx

      Delete
  4. Well done on that running! Since getting the dog,running has ground to a halt for me, replaced by very brisk walks. But it sounds like you've done really well. Lots of pancakes here too. Too many, if I'm honest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find that pancakes seem to beget more pancakes, and then more pancakes, which feels like a good thing, until sometimes you enter the realms of post-pancake regret! x

      Delete